A Level Graphic Communication Final Outcome









 For my A Level Graphic Design Component One I created a brand identity for the fictional band 'Placid Rage' along with a vinyl for their new album 'Tabula Rasa' and a poster for a gig. 

For the vinyl I took inspiration from the meaning of 'Tabula Rasa' which means 'a clean slate' so the theme I went with was burning and fire, which lead me to the idea of have the vinyl packaging as a matchbook as the shapes are similar. I also thought i'd stick to a similar style and use screen printing to create the artwork. I have also included photographs of some of the booklet pages which were also inspired by the screen print style as I have included a a halftone pattern throughout.

The poster was also screen printed to keep it consistent with the rest of the design. The idea for this was to also make it look vintage by giving it a similar appearance to a block print poster.

Comments

Popular Posts