Design Styles: Vintage Theatre Posters & 90s DIY Gig Posters

Vintage Theatre Posters






Blackpool is widely associated with theatre and shows and a large part of that are the posters. I decided to look at different vintage theatre posters to look at how this could influence the brand identity. One aspect of these which I really like and think could work well is the letterpress type as this is a common design element found in these posters and could definitely be transferred well to modern design. Another part which I may look into is the structure as they are very blocky and have a strong structure which could work well for the line up posters.

90s DIY Posters





Another design style I looked at which could associate well to my branding is 90s DIY gig posters as a lot of the bands playing at my event are 90s bands which means a lot of the audience will have gone to gigs with posters that look like these meaning that they will understand the branding well. A part of this I may take further is the 2 colour, low fi print which could be replicated either on a low fi photocopier or risograph printer. I also like the hand rendered typography.



Comments

Popular Posts