Brief Two: 100 Club Evaluation

Evaluation

The live brief I chose was the 100 Club rebranding as I have an interest in design in the music industry and thought it would be best suited to my skills while still expanding them as branding isn't an area I'm particularly strong in. My aim was to create an updated logo and a brand identity that could run through all of their advertising.

In this brief, the part I was quite happy with was my logo design as I chose to use letraset as I believe that it related to the punk movement which relates well to the history of the 100 Club. Their original logo was also a similar sans serif typeface so the new one just looks updated but suits them a lot better. I was also happy with the materials I chose to work with as a looked at the way that Intro UK use collage as backgrounds and I wanted to use this idea so I created random collages that make no sense to use within the design. After applying these to the advertising I was really happy with the way it worked as the collages could be manipulated to suit any canvas size, it also gave the posters an alternative paste-up style which will look and work really well when pasted around London. I believe I worked well to the time frame and created a lot in the amount of time I was given.

However, if I were to do this brief again I would explore a different area as when choosing the style I wanted to work in I decided on collage quickly, and even though it worked well I would have liked to explore a different method like creating something completely digital. If I had longer on the project I would have like to have looked at using the branding I have created to design the inside of the 100 Club as the collages may have been effected if they were printed onto the walls, similar to Paula Schers instillation work.

Comments

Popular Posts