Google & HMCT: Research: Possible Songs

Sam Fender- Dead Boys 

"It’s a song about male suicide, particularly in my hometown,” Fender told NME. “I lost some friends very close to me because of that. This song came from that place, and I have been playing it to other people ever since. It’s raised a conversation and I realised how much of a present issue it is. Everybody that I spoke to from all different parts of the country have all got a connection to someone they’ve lost. 

“It really opened my eyes to how much of an issue it is. If it gets to one person and they feel like they should reach out and talk to somebody, then it has done a good job.” 

LYRICS (Dead Boys): 
“We all tussle with the black dog Some out loud and some in silence Everybody 'round here just drinks 'Cause that's our culture” 

“We close our eyes Learn our pain Nobody ever could explain All the dead boys in our hometown” 


Idles- Samaritans 

LYRICS  


Sam Fender – You're Not the Only One 
“Maybe we were born and raised too cynical In the wake of a miracle, we'd never believe” 

Comments

Popular Posts