Google & HMCT: Target Audience and Peer Feedback

I asked a colleague and member of my target audience their feedback on two of my favourite designs to get an idea of what they thought and what I could do differently.

Design One


Design Two

They said that they preferred design one over design two due to the spacing and the composition as all the elements go together well making the design balanced. They weren't as keen on the balance of design two due to the distance between the two images. Their favourite part of the design was the brain as they like the concept and the way that its translucent as it adds a bit of colour. They also prefer the main photo in design one as you can see the train tracks better so the viewer would get a better idea what the image is saying. They did like the use of two images in the second design and said I could maybe try adding it to the first design. I also showed them the original designs using red and asked which they preferred and they said green as its more calming and they found that the red seemed too intense.

As the brief is meant to have a strong focus on typography I asked them where their eye goes to first on each design and they said for both designs the type on the black ripped paper is the most prominent followed by the large image. I was happy about this response because that was the aim of the composition.

After this feedback I am going to listen to what they said and do they changes that they said to see if it makes an improvement to the design.

Comments

Popular Posts