Google & HMCT: Why I chose to use collage

For my album design I decided to use collage for a few reasons. One reason being is that college is a technique which I believe I am skilled at and know how to use well and appropriately. I have used it previously for projects and it has been successful. Another reason I decided to choose to use it is because the distorted and distressed style, especially with the ripped images and paper reflects the emotions in the campaign as it is about negative mental health. I do believe collage will work well and be appropriate for this campaign and I don't think I am using it for the sake of it. Due to me using Sam Fender and Idles lyrics, both are alternative or punk artists and collage is what is used in that kind of music scene, especially punk, so it reflects the visual language of punk which I am trying to do.

Comments

Popular Posts